Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dear Poppy

 Dear Poppy,
   There is a picture that Mommy got of you this week- we can finally make things out on your sweet little face.  A lot of Mommies don't get to see their baby at 30 weeks, but we had to get another ultrasound to check on your kidneys, because last time at 23 weeks they looked enlarged.  It's hard to believe how big you have gotten- you're the size of a pineapple now!  It won't be long before we get to meet you!  
  On Monday Mommy got a phone call that no one ever wants to get.  My heart sunk when I heard our Dr ask if it was a good time to talk.  I figured it might be something was still wrong with your kidneys, but the good news is that your kidneys look ok now.  The bad news is that they want you to have an MRI done because they found a cyst on your brain.  Thankfully Daddy was here when the Dr called, he was so strong and immediately held mommy's hand and prayed and then started making the phone calls to our insurance.  Mommy wasn't so strong- it is so hard to think that something might be wrong with your little body.  Of course nothing would ever change my love for you, no matter what might be the problem, but I want you to be healthy and strong and ok. Mommy didn't really know what to do, so I researched a little and prayed.  I read the verse:   "1 Samuel 1:27   For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him:" I know that no matter what happens you were fearfully and wonderfully made, so I just have to trust that you're going to be ok.  
  I want to meet you even more now- I can't wait to find out if you're a boy or a girl, but most of all- if you're healthy.  Daddy and I have stayed up talking way too late lots of times talking about what you'll be like.  When you're born, when you start walking and talking, when you learn how to read, even all the way up until when you're in college!  We talk about things we want to do with you, and rules we want to make for you...will you like music, will you love to read like Daddy, will you love God?  That is the most important thing we pray for- even above being healthy we want you to love Jesus and serve Him.  
  Ever since I started being able to feel you at 18 weeks and 5 days, I have given you a very opinionated personality. I always talk like I know what you're saying and thinking.  It makes you feel so real, even if I have you all wrong. You always squirm if I do the dishes and rest my belly on the counter, you don't like when I rest my Ipad on you, you react if I put my cold or hot hands on you, you love when Mommy eats something sweet.  You have made mommy crave baked potatoes, baby carrots, cereal, poptarts, and fruit. For the first several months you would not let me get anywhere near chicken...and a bunch of other stuff. Just this week if I talk to you and rub where I can feel you, you move around and seem to respond to my voice.  Daddy told me last night that he loves how I talk to you.  Daddy talks to you, too- today he gave you advice to never argue with a woman...LOL.  He always puts his hands on you and talks to you...sometimes he can be pretty goofy when he talks to you, can't he?!?! Here is a letter that Daddy wrote you when he went away 2 weeks ago.  

   In case you can't read it, it says: Poppy, Daddy misses you and Mommy so bad.  He can't wait to get home and learn all about how you are feeling and all your little opinions about life and stuff.  Miss you so much, love, Daddy
  We love you so much, little one.  Pregnancy has not been easy- I was pretty sick for the first 5 months of carrying you around...the back pain, the stretch marks, the sleepless nights when one of my 6 pillows gets messed up, the feet hurting, my belly button disappearing, getting super puffy...so many things changed when you started growing in me...but I wouldn't change any of it, because all of it makes me love you a little bit more.  I can't imagine how much I will love you when I actually meet you...
  We are getting a dog for you.  I didn't want you to grow up without a doggy and it works out we are getting one that mommy has trained, and his owner can't keep him anymore because of allergies.  You are going to love the doggy...and probably torture him, too, until you learn. We will all go on walks together and have such a good time.  :-) 
  Here's a picture of how big you are getting in mommy's tummy- hard to believe you still have several pounds to gain before we get to meet you!  I wonder how big you will be? I was pretty small when I was born, but Daddy and your aunts and uncles were pretty big so I am thinking you will be, too. 

   Look at some of the cute clothes that our friends got for you.  Mommy doesn't have very much stuff for you yet, but it's fun to look at this little outfit and picture you wearing it.  One shirt says I love Daddy, and the other says I love Mommy.  Daddy was just saying a few days ago that he hopes you'll like him- sometimes babies take a while to adjust to Daddy, but I think you will *Love* him, like Mommy does.  He will take such good care of you.  He may even spoil you. ;-)  Especially if you're a girl!

  You have a few different nicknames already- you've been referred to as Poppy since we found out on September 28th that you were in our lives...but we also call you Poppers and Popsicle.  :-)  I can't imagine how many nicknames you'll have by the time you grow up! 
       Mommy and Daddy love you- and no matter what we find out in the results in the next couple weeks, we will remember:  "Psalms 139:14   I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."
  Can't wait to meet you around the beginning of June.
  So much love,
           Mommy

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post, Ashley. Praying that the cyst goes away and there are no complications with your sweet little Poppy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet, Ash. Praying for you, Peter and Poppy ~ gretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had read this before service tonight! I will keep you and Peter and Poppy in prayer. And I'm touched by how much this post glowed with the love, care, and anticipation you have for your little child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and Pete, Ashley. But no desperation--God already knows the exact situation. He will either equip you for what lies ahead, or remove the obstacle. Either way-He is there. Hold on to Jesus and each other with all your might. Your little Poppy has been put in just the right home--not every little person is so very loved before his/her appearance is even made. You are a good mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an amazing Mom already. No matter what, your baby will be beautiful and perfect exactly how God created "him" to be. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that all will be ok with poppy but I know in whatever circumstance your little family finds yourself in you will be strong and that God will hold your hands and lead you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ashley, you may want to enable word verification...it seems you are getting some SPAM comments here. That and comment moderation helps too. :) Hope you and baby are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...