Thursday, November 1, 2012

My absence



Well, I started this blog with great intentions, but I haven't been doing a lot of updating on here lately.
The reason????  It's been pretty crazy!  I traveled back home to Rochester two weeks ago for a long-time friend's wedding, and then I attended a huge photography expo with another friend this past week.  Before that I took 2 3-day seminars of marketing, branding, and posing and I have been working on moving my business here and all that entails. 

 
      Also, we are going to be making our home sweet together a little different, changing things up a little.
We found out we are going to be adding two feet to our home.  The actual addition won't be until next Summer, but a lot of the beginning preparation is being done now.  So, in essence we are:


Though the house isn't actually growing any bigger, 
it sure will be a lot sweeter with those two little feet around.  


That's right!! Our addition is 2 BABY feet!!!!  :-)
Coming in June, 2013. 

Thanks to these two little feet coming, 
I have been really sick and the smell of cooking food is NOT my friend now.
My husband has been more than gracious as he tries to scrounge up meals from here and there and he never complains, even though his preference is 3 hot meals a day.  I am blessed right now if I can make that many a week.  :P  
So my home-making efforts right now are all being poured into growing those two little feet inside me.  :-) 

Thus, my absence!  I can't even go on Pinterest right now- the thought of all or any of that food cooking grosses me out and sends me headed for the porcelain bowl.  Peter says they should hire me at the airport to sniff out bombs, because I can smell EVERYTHING right now.  A common conversation will be, "do you smell our neighbors making spaghetti and meatballs?"  "Did you put cayenne pepper on your food?" "Why do your hands smell like baby wipes- oh yeah, that's your lotion smell." 
Crazy times!! And I thought some pregnancy symptoms were stereo-typical...boy have I learned a lot!

 
"The pitter patter of tiny feet
leave behind something dear and sweet
a precious treasure for me to keep
the memories of your tiny feet"

8 comments:

  1. AWWW!! Congratulations!! You will make such an amazing mother. Those sick days are no fun though. Hang in there...it will be well worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You will make great parent:-) Hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ashley!! I bet you are both soooo excited :) I was like that with Courtney. Everything and anything, I should have went around with a clothes pin on my nose...got to the point I had to get Vitamin B shots. I hope that it passes for you so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I loved both of mine :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought at first you were saying you were having twins.. :) You know how happy I am for you!!! Excited to see you as a mother.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash, I am so for you guys!!!! I wish I could give you a big hug and kiss! Can't wait to see you :)!!!!!!! Xoxo
    Mary C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your way of announcing it. :) And of course, I'm so thrilled for you and Peter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Very happy for you both as you prepare for your little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to your return. Glad you found the fortitude to update. How did you make it through the conference?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...