Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Living Room

I really wish I had gotten a before before pic. How it was set up when my husband lived here with his 2 roommates. There were 2 full walls of bookshelves, 2 couches, and tons of other stuff.  They kept it pretty neat, but it was still really in need of a woman's touch.  Anyway, I didn't find any of those pictures, so this before is how it looked after we worked on it a couple hours the first night we got home from our honeymoon.
  Also it is after Peter spent hours and hours sorting through his book collection and helping his brother build the beautiful shelves that hold his collection now. 



We had things basically set up for a few days to get things ready for my mom and brother to come visit, but here it is the morning that I started painting it!


And...here it is after!
I love how the color came out! :-)




5 comments:

  1. Looks super cute! :) Glad that you were able to get it all set up and it's such a blessing to hear how the Lord provides every little detail! :) Such good memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute and cozy! Love it! I love your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley!!

    First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Soooo happy for you. Secondly, you have a very cute and welcoming-looking home. Setting up a house is so fun! I remember when we bought and moved into our first home and how exciting it was to make it our own. :)

    I have a blog too and you're welcome to visit anytime...it's private so email me if you want an invite. piano4praise at yahoo.com.

    I'm happy you have a blog now and can't wait to follow you on this new and exciting journey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. I'd love to be invited to your blog too :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks like lots of work, but the satisfaction is reward for your time. Pretty curio cabinet! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...