Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kitchen remodel

   I knew when I said "I do" that I would start spending a lot more time in the kitchen, and I wasn't wrong!  I am really enjoying cooking and baking in our cozy kitchen.  Now doing the dishes is a different story....just kidding...they're not too bad, I just can't believe how fast they multiply!  When I am doing the dishes I try to remember and pray for whoever gave us each thing that I am washing.  It makes it go by faster, and it keeps me really thankful for all the blessings we received.
   Anyway, when I arrived this particular room was really crowded, mostly full of all my boxes and furniture, plus a room mate had a hard time getting to his stuff, so that was all still there as well.  I saved the kitchen for last because I knew it would take me the longest.  Thankfully, I had a lot of help- you should have seen my husband scrubbing the floor!  My Mom helped with the walls, my brother set up our island, and my brother in law helped hammer and screw and various other projects.
 (I said it was bad!)

Here it is a little cleaner, but still unfinished:


 This night, I had my first company, after only being here for 3 days, but I got to entertain my Mom and brother.  It was also our first official meal at our house because up until this point the kitchen was buried. Hello good Chinese place right around the corner!


And then...here it is all finished.  I was going to say how it is now, but to be honest it's not quite as clean as this at the moment.  Those multplying dirty dishes have something to do with that.








:-)



4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job making your kitchen "homey", Ash! I'm loving your blog and being able to stay connected with your life through it! You're inspiring me to actually post on that blog I created over the summer :) xxx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and bright. :-) Reminds me of the cute place Ken and I would rent when we went to Austin every year. There was a fold-out ironing board in the wall. I thought of that when I saw the rectangular molding on the wall. Is that your breaker panel? What is the funny-shaped object on the island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a bowl on the island- a gift from our wedding, but it's a neat shape! We r not sure what that is. We have several strange looking doors and stuff that have been sealed shut with about 30 coats of paint (Im guessing). We think one was for a coal shoot, my family was helping us guess thatmaybethat big one was connected to a a laundry system or something. Could be breaker panel too. I admit Im curious!

      Delete
  3. Your place is looking so great! I remember when we first moved into our house after getting married and the PILES of stuff that we had from gifts, moving, etc...we felt like we would never dig out! (I think the piles just shuffled from one place to another after awhile...ha ha!) :) LOL! I love the colors you chose, looks really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...