Monday, September 10, 2012

Home. Sweet. Together.

Mainly I started this blog for my family and friends to be able to see what I am doing as I now live far away from them all.  But I also want to have it so that I can look back over the years and recall all the sweetness and memories of the beginning of our life together. 
I am hoping to post some recipes, photos, ways I saved money or time, etc....  I informed my husband over dinner a couple nights ago that I wouldn't be half the wife I am today if it weren't for pinterest!  I am a huge fan of all the recipes, ideas, and tips that pinterest has, and it has filled our first weeks together with a lot of yummy food!  :-) 
 As I looked around my house the other day I was overwhelmed with thankfulness.  Even though I love my home, I can barely take any credit for what is in it.  The people in our lives were SO generous for our wedding and shower.  Almost everything in every room was a gift.  When I registered for all my kitchen stuff I guess I didn't realize how MUCH I would get of the list we made.  I literally got almost everything on all 3 of my registries- I think I still need a rolling pin.  I mean, seriously, it was overwhelming!!  We are SO blessed and I am reminded every time I go to use something.  I turn on my lamp and I think of my new friend at church, I look across the room and there's this decoration from that person, and this gift from someone else.  Even the stuff we did buy we found such good deals on Craigslist for- which is why I want to emphasize that my home not be a showcase but a testimony of the goodness of God.  He really rewards those that wait for His best exceedingly and abundantly above what we could ask or think.  :-)
So for the home I can take no credit- just do my best to keep it sweet and lovely, and for the together part I can take no credit because it was the Lord that brought us together and it will be Him that keeps us together. 

Here are the words to the song I sang as a surprise to my husband at our wedding, that inspired the name of this blog:
I've found the place God planned for me;
Where I belong, where I should be,
The grace of God sent from above has given you to me to love.
A house can be wood, brick, or stone,
But homes are built by love alone.
I dreamed of this my whole life through,
I found my home when I found you.

Home Sweet Together
Home Sweet Forever
Home is where the heart is, and my heart is with you
No matter where we ever roam,
Together we'll be home sweet home,
For this life and forever, we'll be
Home Sweet Together

I promise God and promise you now,
Before Him as our hearts we bow;
All my love for all my days,
Together giving Christ the praise.
Home here, or far away
If God calls us to go or stay;
Wherever we go, whatever we do,
I'll be at home if I'm with you.

Home Sweet Together
Home Sweet Forever
Home is where the heart is, and my heart is with you
No matter where we ever roam,
Together we'll be home sweet home,
For this life and forever, we'll be
Home Sweet Together
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Years ago I found this song at Tina Pinzon's house when I was babysitting and wanted it to be my wedding song when I would get married someday. It is written by Cathy Corle.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...