Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nugget

It was getting close to the BIG ultrasound for our little nugget. We have a strict policy that we don't EVER find out what we are having...well at least that's what we thought was our strict policy. As time got closer to our 18 week appointment I found it harder and harder this time to not find out. Lame, I know! But I couldn't stop thinking pink with how different my pregnancy has been...so if it was blue in my growing bump I really wanted to know. It didn't help that one of my besties was here the week I was second guessing my strict "policy" and she encouraged me to find out. And the husband was pretty easily convinced after the tenth time I begged, too. Haha. 
We decided to keep it a surprise that we were finding out- I thought it would be fun to just announce "it's a ______" so we kept it under our hat the last two weeks. 

Well, yesterday was the big day. I couldn't sleep! I had dreams that my brother ruined my surprise by eating my cupcakes, that the ultrasound lady wouldn't play along with our secret, etc... 
I left for my appointment which is an hour and a half away at 8 am. First was my regular appointment in the morning, then lunch with my newly married sister in law, then go back to the hospital in the afternoon at 2:30 for the ultrasound. 
Well because it was going to be such a long day, the husband and baby couldn't come. 
(Him being super cute at devins house) 

Baby Peter went to my friend Devins house and because my husband couldn't come I didn't want to find out all alone, so I had the ultrasound lady text Devin who is a crazy good baker. Then when I picked baby Peter up I would bring our chocolate cupcakes home and we would cut them open to see if they had blue or pink filling. 

During the ultrasound the little acrobat inside me wasn't cooperating at first. Nugget was curled into a tight ball with feet over head. It was really funny! 

After a while I got up and moved around hoping it would encourage baby to so the same and it worked. When I came back for part 2 I asked Chelsea the ultrasound tech if she knew yet and she said yes. She was perfect and didn't give out any hints. At the right time she had me turn my head and printed out a picture and put it into a sealed envelope and texted Devin and then deleted the text. 
(That profile looks a lot like big brother- big head and forehead!) 

What started next was the longest few hours ever. I had to go pick up a family for our missions conference this week and them start our long journey home. The picture in the envelope was burning a hole in my purse. Ha! It was so fun to have a big secret and surprise to announce soon! When I finally got back home and headed to pick up the baby I asked peter- what do you think, pink or blue? He said pink. I said pink too. 
Then I drove safely and slowly (?) to go pick the baby and the cupcakes up. Right before I got home one of my other besties wrote to me that they were so proud of me for staying strong and not finding out...that it motivated them for next time. Haha. Oops. 
Peter ran out to meet me and grabbed the little guy and I grabbed the cupcard and a present Devin sent home with me to open after the cupcakes. We wasted no time- seeing as it had already taken forever!! 
We cut open our cupcake...and then cut open one more to make sure it wasn't a mistake. 

Pink filling!!!!!! It's a girl!!! 
We can't wait to meet our little Chloe Faith sometime in April! 
We feel so blessed to be given one of each! And I can't wait to get all my little girl clothes ready!! 
(The gift that Devin sent home to open after the cupcakes! Chloe is destined to love chevrons!) 

4 comments:

  1. Awww.....I'm a great-auntie of a little girl baby now!!! Congrats, guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Peter, Ashley and baby Peter! So happy for you. Love the chevron patterned outfit... Gretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe Faith, such a pretty name for your Nugget!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...