Monday, February 16, 2015

Pregnancy week 26-30

I used to count on January to be the slow month, the uneventful month.  But for some reason this January just seemed to disappear, as well as weeks 26-30 of this pregnancy.  We brought in the New Year with a dreadful stomach bug as we said goodbye to Papa, and I was also met with some strong nesting urges as I recovered from said vicious bug.  I washed every piece of bedding in the house, organized cupboards and closets, and started pulling out some little tiny baby girl clothes to get ready.                         As much as I wanted to make both of our hospital bags to feel "ready," I figured I better pace myself. As fast as these 5 weeks went, I still have a pretty good chunk of time left.
(I added my first pink object this month- Chloe's dresser!
Note perfectly organized closet...for once.) 

I think Chloe's growth spurt was just as epic as my nesting- she grew a TON these past weeks, and from the feel of her strong kicks and wiggles, I can tell she is preparing to meet us, too.  My ribs can testify.
Week 26
(nesting must have ended by this point, note messy counter and unmade bed.)
Thankfully, the carpal tunnel didn't last long and was pretty much totally better by week 28.

Had my glucose test this week and they tested my anemia again.  This started quite the saga, as I resumed taking iron pills and it made my IBS flare up really bad and I felt MISERABLE...so I stopped taking the iron, it just isn't worth it right now.
I turned 28 this week, also!  I celebrated by accidentally highlighting my hair a little blonder than I meant to be...oops!
Got pinkeye this week, and so I had the honor of wearing my nerd glasses for 2 weeks.  Ugh!


We are starting to add to her collection of stuff to prepare for her arrival- some of these little outfits make me DIE to meet her!!  I can't wait.  
Birthday gifts from sweet friends of mine- that pink ruffle dress and the chevron blanket.  Sigh.  Ten more weeks!!!
I splurged at Target (famous last words) and got Chloe her coming home from the hospital outfit on the left.  It's so cute and teeny.  She better not bypass the NB size!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet to see all your preparations! May the Lord bless as you get to the due date. The home stretch has always seemed the longest for me, but you do know it has to end sometime!;-) I wanted to suggest something... I have always hated iron pills as they mess up my gi tract and it's just not worth it. Alfalfa is a wonderful natural alternative to raise your iron levels. I have always had low iron in every pregnancy and it helps tremendously. Get it in a capsule form for the easiest digestion and absorption. Also, liquid chlorophyll is inexpensive and easy to take and does amazing things for any blood issues. I had high white blood cell counts the last two pregnancies (thrombocytopoenia is the lovely name for it), and chlorophyll worked like a miracle to fix that. Hope my advice is helpful! God bless you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...