Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas in our home sweet together

 I had so much fun decorating our house for the first time this year! 
Our Montoro parents gave us our little tree- which was the perfect size for our living room.  
I had gotten a white artificial one for free, so I was going to use it and make the best out of it, but it was 6 feet and the inlaws couldn't bear the thought of a white tree gracing (disgracing) our decor.
So they got us a real one, and I decorated it immediately.  It's adorable!
 The stockings were hung from the sconces with care.... 


 Had to get me some mistletoe for my first Christmas!!!  
I almost got attacked when I first displayed it.  :-)  
My husband says it is the best. ornament. ever.  
 Pinterest came through for me with most of my decorations.  These were leftover ornaments from my wedding, bulbs I found at the Elba thrift store for 25 cents, and a beautiful vase that special friends gave us for our wedding. I love the Christmas re-make!
 Also ideas from Pinterest:
A frame that I used for my wedding and use as a photography prop, decorated with ornaments, ribbon, and garland.  
Our kitchen window even got a makeover to match the turquoise and black theme we had going. :-) 

 Cute ornament from a Pastor's wife that came over for dinner the first time we had company.  :-)

 
 The puppy I was working with took full advantage of the decorating festivities to help himself to his puppy food.  The audacity!!!

 Cute way to hang ornaments up- 
with ribbon and clothespins on the cupboard doors.  :-)
 Handmade ornament made for me by a friend over 10 years ago.  I carefully saved them for the day I'd decorate my own house. 
Flowers were compliments of my husband. :-) 
 All together now.  :-)  
It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

And, a picture of me showing my little 14 week "bump." 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...