Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pregnancy weeks 36-39

Well, I debated posting any of these, at it is clear the last few weeks I carry all in my nose.  Seriously, some people are all belly...by the end I am all face.  It's great. Not. Anyway, seeing as I actually kept up with each week the whole pregnancy I figured I better do the last couple weeks of pictures. 

My contractions started up around 36 weeks this time and I wondered if I would meet Chloe even sooner than I met Peter.  But know, I just had consistent Braxton hicks for almost a month.  That got old fast, but I was hopeful it meant that this time my body would actually get the memo and go into labor like it was supposed to this time.  But it was exhausting!  Or maybe it was the fact that my to-do list before Chloe came was insanely long.  I repainted trim, walls, patched a hole, spray painted things, cleaned everywhere, set up furniture, vacuumed the car not once but twice...and Peter's list was just as long and he was awesome at helping finish everything up.  And then do some of the stuff again once I realized my contractions were just practice.

36 weeks: Try to look beyond the nose and see the belly.  If you can.

37 weeks: You can tell the only angle that looked okay was the birds-eye view.  Seriously look how low the doorknob is.  I think Peter was standing on a ladder to get this picture's approval.

Everyone I see tells me I've dropped this week.  It's like you're glad it's true because it means there's progress, but the hundredth time you hear it you realize you must look ridiculous.  Yup.  The baby looked like she was literally going to fall out. How low can you go, Chloe?

I am starting to look tired here- either from the lack of sleep because of the huge watermelon I have glued to me, or because of my non-stop nesting coupled with crazy contractions.  This week is when I started thinking maybe she wasn't ever going to come. But this was also the week I hoped she'd stay put- all my well-laid plans for child-care, Grammy's visit, and my friend to be my doula would be a lot trickier this week.  Everyone said, "you know she'll come if she's not supposed to this week." 
She didn't.
I look like a giant Blueberry, like on willie wonka.  Lovely.

39 weeks!  I actually made myself stop nesting towards the end of the 38th week because I was so tired and I read somewhere on the internet so it MUST be true, that you can kind of reset your contractions if you go completely quiet for a day or two.  It was worth the try. It actually seemed to work, because Sunday was the start of the 39th week and I felt good enough to walk almost 4 miles roundtrip to Sonic and back after church, and then...you will have to read Chloe's birth story to hear the rest of what happened!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...