Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Love in a bean bag

What does love feel like? What does it look like? Is there any way to actually describe it in a few words or less? I don't think so. But you know it when you see it. I found it in a bean bag...actually in the filling up of a bean bag. 
Our family time was rushed last night, because I got home late from a dr appointment and consequently peter got back to his studies later than he planned. I'm still nesting pretty bad and so I decided to fill up my newborn poser with 4 boxes of filler to be able to cross it off my list. I read that it could be messy so I decided to do it out in the garage. 
As soon as I tried to do it myself I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew- bean bag filler started going everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. Apparently there was a hole in the top part of the giant bag and they were flying out of there faster than I could try to get some to come out of the actual hole I had made. It was kind of a disaster. 
Peter happened to walk by the garage while I was attempting to not lose every bean from that bag- and he put his book down and came over to help even though he was already behind. He took over from there- I don't know how or why I thought I could do this myself!! He emptied the rest of the initial bag into the poser and I attempted to clean up some of the hundreds of sticky, static-y beans I had spilled, and the wind was blowing into the garage and spreading them all over. Baby Peter thought it was Christmas morning- he was so excited to chase them, stomp on them, and play with them! 
In the mean time, my sweet man started getting out a bunch of supplies and it didn't take me long to realize he was making a giant funnel to finish filling the poser bag. During school time, he willingly and without me asking set his work aside and joined in rescuing me from my project. I fell in love a little more with him. 


He diligently worked on his giant funnel and soon had it ready to fill. I wish I could have gotten a picture of me the teamwork it took. He would fill the funnel reservoir, then hold it up while I shook the poser and helped direct the beans into it. It worked really well and we wasted wayyyy less beans from the next three bags. Even though I was so impressed with the funnel masterpiece I was more overwhelmed and impressed by how loved I felt! I don't have to nag or beg for my sweetheart's help- lately I have had so many projects as my nesting mommy's heart prepares for baby and peter has SO kindly and sympathetically taken my projects and urgent "to do's" as his own. From shampooing carpets to moving furniture...he has been a huge support and I'm so grateful for the loving husband he is. 
We finally got our bean bag poser filled and father and son had fun testing it out. :-) 
My heart was filled to the brim and I fell in love all over again. So thankful for the love I found in a bean bag! 

1 comment:

  1. Has baby Chloe entered this world yet? How are you doing? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...